Eufy Camera is an electronics company that sells a range of home security cameras and appliances, including smart lighting, smart scales, and robo vacuums. We tested a variety of Eufy home security cameras. They were easy to set up, reliable, feature-packed, and reliable.
The Eufy cameras are ideal for people who are looking to monitor and install their security cameras by themselves.
These cameras are not the most expensive on the market. However, there are no monthly subscription fees. Once you have paid for the equipment, there will be no additional charges unless you opt for an upgraded storage plan.
Can Eufy Camera Be Hacked? Are They Safe?
When shopping for a smart home security system, privacy and safety should be top of mind. There are likely to be concerns about who or what can view your data. You may not want anyone else to see your system’s recordings. You might be curious if a Eufy camera can be hacked, or if they are generally safe.
Your Eufy camera is unlikely to be hacked. The camera’s data is encrypted so that only authorized users have access to it. The Eufy cameras come with a military-grade AES256 chip. This hardware is used by the NSA to protect information.
Hacking your Eufy camera would require a high level of programming skills. This is more than the average programmer. Continue reading to find out more about Eufy’s integrity and how they protect your data.
How Eufy protects users’ information?
Eufy stores information locally. This means that the information is kept within the device and not in an external cloud. Third parties have access to cloud data because it relies on external servers. Although the third party may not wish to steal your data, it may not stop hackers from doing so.
Local data can also be deleted within five business days from the original recording. If you need to keep data longer than this, cloud storage is an option.
Eufy double-encrypts sensitive data, even if you choose this additional feature. This is done by using Amazon Web Services (AWS) to encrypt data. Eufy uses a transparent layer, (TLS), and secure real time protocol (SRTP) for additional protection. This prevents others from viewing your footage.
What does “Encrypted?” mean?
The following scenario will be used to explain how Eufy’s cameras decrypt information.
Imagine that your camera caught your friend ringing the front doorbell. The footage would be stored on your device if you didn’t purchase the cloud storage plan. It would automatically be deleted after five days unless you downloaded it.
The recording will be stored on Eufy’s cloud storage plan. The recording’s code will be converted into something that a user or device other than Eufy would not recognize.
The footage will be saved to your device when you view it from the cloud. The code will then be translated into something that your phone, tablet, and computer can recognize. The encryption basically means that even if someone had access to your recordings it would be difficult for them to recognize the code and show you the footage.
What Eufy’s Extra Protection Means to You
2019 saw Ring’s products come under fire after it was revealed that 3,000 accounts had been compromised. Hackers had the passwords and usernames of homeowners, which allowed them to view live footage and configure devices. Source: Consumer Reports.
This problem has not been reported by Eufy yet. Homeowners can enjoy the following benefits by storing data locally and using encrypted data:
- Only registered users can view recordings or live streams.
- Only authorized users have the right to view footage. These alterations can be done through the app.
- The military-grade AES256 chip from Eufy virtually eliminates hacking and other security breaches.
The Eufy Security app has a Family & Guest function that allows you to share data with your family members. This will enable authorized users to view information but they must have another email account than the one being used.
Eufy does not sell your information
You may have ever created an account with your email address only to get spam mail from random companies shortly afterwards. It is possible that your email address was sold to third-party organizations and placed on a “customer” list.
This is not what Eufy does. Only you and Eufy have access to the information when you create an Eufy Security account. This not only reduces junk mail, but also gives you peace of mind knowing that you only have access to the data from your cameras.
Features of Eufy Camera
Camera bundles: If you only need a few cameras, you can purchase them as a cart from eufy. However, bundles can be purchased which can save you money. Although some cameras include door and window sensors, there are not large bundles that look like a complete home security system. You will need to purchase additional security features if you require them.
- App controls The eufy application is easy to install, versatile, and intuitive to use. The app guides you through each camera’s installation with simple, straightforward steps. After your cameras have been installed, you can view the live footage, chat with people through them, and adjust various settings. This app allows you to add family members and friends to your account, giving them access too.
- Home automation options and compatibility Eufy camera are compatible with Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant. You can also control them using any of these home assistants.
- Storage The 16GB card storage card included with the eufy camera base is capable of storing approximately three months worth of sound- or motion-activated footage. You can choose one of the eufy cloud storage plans for longer storage and continuous recordings. The Basic plan costs $3/month and offers 30 days storage for one camera. The Premier plan covers 10 cameras and has 30 days storage. It costs $10/month and $100/year.
- Eufy’s security plan options don’t include professional security monitoring like some of its competitors.
Installation Eufy does not offer installation services.
- 2K Resolution: When it comes to security, the key is in the detail. See exactly what is happening in and around your home in crisp 2K clarity (1080p while using HomeKit).
- A Year’s Security from 1 Charge: Avoid frequent trips to charge the battery and enjoy 365-day battery life from just one charge.
- Advanced Night Vision: The state-of-the-art Sony sensor allows for detailed recordings and streaming in low-light scenarios.
- Ready for Any Weather: With an IP67 weather proof-rating, eufyCam 2 Pro is built to withstand the elements.
- Requires eufy Security HomeBase 2 – eufyCam 2 Pro add-on camera requires a HomeBase 2 to operate. Please note, the camera alone will not work.
- Ultra-Clear 2K Resolution: View any real-time moment in ultra-clear 2K resolution. The F2.0 aperture works to produce vivid images from an outdoor security camera that gives you the complete picture.
- Subscription-Free Security: Equipped with a 32GB microSD card and on-device AI, OutdoorCam offers round-the-clock security that’s ready to use out of the box.
- Security Under the Spotlight: The powerful built-in spotlight on the outdoor security camera illuminates the surrounding area when relevant motion is detected. It also ensures that you can keep an eye on any spot in full-color, even in low light.
- Flexible Installation: The Magnetic Mount and 20-foot cable allows you to easily install the outdoor security camera anywhere on your property.
- Powerful On-Device AI: Data is processed on-board the camera, resulting in faster decision making and fewer errors. The end result is more accurate detection and fewer false alerts.
- Picture Perfect Surveillance – Live-stream and record footage in crystal clear 1080p HD. The 135° diagonal field of view allows you to see exactly what is happening in and around your home.
- Half-Year Security from 1 Charge – Avoid frequent trips to charge the battery and enjoy 180-day battery life from just one charge.
- The Alerts That Matter – Human detection technology enables the camera to intelligently detect body shape and face pattern. Ensuring you are only alerted when a person, and not a stray cat, approaches.
- Ready for Any Weather – With an IP67 weatherproof-rating, eufyCam 2C is built to withstand the elements.
- Requires eufy Security HomeBase 2 – eufyCam 2C add-on camera requires a HomeBase 2 to operate. Please note, the camera alone will not work.
- 2K Resolution – When it comes to security, the key is in the detail. See exactly what is happening in and around your home in crisp 2K clarity.
- Detailed Night Vision – View recordings or live footage in crisp clarity, even at night, for a clear view of who’s there.
- Ready for Any Weather – With an IP-certified weatherproof-rating, both eufyCam 2C Pro and eufy Solar Panel are built to withstand the elements.
- Solar-Powered Continuous Charging – The 2.6W high-efficiency solar panel means that with just a few hours of direct sunlight every day, your camera will stay charged around the clock.
- Requires eufy Security HomeBase 2 – eufyCam 2C Pro add-on camera requires a HomeBase 2 to operate. Please note, the camera alone will not work.
- 360° Pan and Tilt Camera Coverage: Pan the lens 360° horizontally to get a complete view without the risk of blindspots.
- Smart lighting with 3 Tunable Light Panels: Adjusts spotlight color temperature and brightness based on sunrise and sunset, schedules, and motion detection.
- 2K Resolution: When it comes to security, the key is in the details. See exactly what is happening in and around your home in crisp 2K clarity.
- No Hidden Costs: Designed to protect your home as well as your wallet, eufy security products are one-time purchases that combine security with convenience.
- Smart Integration: Connect your IndoorCam to Apple HomeKit (Please download our HomeKit User Guide in the product information section below), the Google Assistant, or Amazon Alexa for complete control over your surveillance.